Contact Email List
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

"The Totaly Off Topic Thread"

Moderators: Tiny, longlux, V8Patrol, Moderators

<<

RUFF

Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:39 pm

"The Totaly Off Topic Thread"

Ok the Padathon is no more it has suffered terminal problems and i doubt it will return. Im sorry.

So for people that have posts that dont realy fit into their own topic post them in here. This isnt here to pad your post count up. Posting anywhere now with only the word Pad or similar just to get your post count up will no longer be accepted. I know some think its cool to have a huge post count but to most it means nothing. So if this is abused the post counts will go totaly. And all similar threads to this will be deleted.

We now have too many users browsing this forum to have an entire section full of padding.

So please try and keep this Off Topic and enjoy yourselves.
<<

RUFF

Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:51 pm

Just a little reminder of this forums rules-

RUFF wrote:#1- This is a private forum and membership is at the absolute discretion of the Forum Owner / Administrator.

#2- Users are permitted to register one username only. If you want to change the username at any stage you will have to contact the administrators.(RUFF or StrangeRover)

#3- Freedom of speech is a fallacy.

#4- Posts that are rude, offensive, insulting, racist or slanderous are forbidden and may be deleted.

#5- If a member continues to post these types of posts, their membership may be cancelled.

#6- If you are moderated and you wish to discuss it, PM the moderators or the administrator(RUFF or StrangeRover).

#7- If you have concerns with a post made in the forum, PM the moderators or the administrator.

#8-Stirring trouble in the forums may result in a cancelled membership.

#9- Forum Owner / Administrator reserves the right to modify forum rules as and when deemed necessary. Such rules will be binding for all members.

#10- Pictures that contain obscene or sexually oriented content are not allowed and may be removed. If a member continues to post this content their membership may be cancelled.

#11- Flaming, insulting or slanderous posts reguarding other Forums will not be tolerated or you may have your membership cancelled.

#12- While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.
<<

Going_up

Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:54 pm

can't we just have 1 thread to write crap?
no topic
no nothing,
just random stuff?
If at first you dont succeed... Skydiving is not for you!
<<

Singo17

Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:56 pm

It rained here today, not thon rain never the less rain it did
Official member of the Babinda Jimmy James Beam III Fan Club

Darth Bobo Honker Hunter Inc, for the up gunned Poodlefaker.

:armsup:"ARMS UP":armsup:
<<

RUFF

Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:57 pm

Going_up wrote:can't we just have 1 thread to write crap?
no topic
no nothing,
just random stuff?

Thats what this is but its not to just pad your post count up.

Random stuff is fine. But remember not everone wants to read the type of things you just posted. This is not a site for School children so think a little more before you reply like that again. Its getting out of hand and you are not the only one doing it.
<<

antt

Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:58 pm

its a bitter sweet day :) :cry:

the padathon used to be so good in the early days, heaps of funny quotes, riddles jokes and pics, but unfortunatly turned to shit in its second coming :cry:

least now we wont have 5 padathons going at once
<<

Going_up

Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:59 pm

ok i understand
have fun,

just dont be a idiot about it.
not this childish immature crap i've been doing.

busted
<<

RUFF

Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:01 pm

Correct
<<

Singo17

Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:09 pm

The Thon shoulda gone yonks ago, It was originally intended as a 24h thread to see how many posts we could get to in 24h using some simple rules.

It got a few people around here right into it however and it lingered for a while.

It has caused many a frisky debate, when if you really think about it the for's and against's are debating about nothing. A thread with no historical use because it had nothing useful in it.

It gave some personality to the Board in some manner whether good or bad.

mmm It is not raining now.
Official member of the Babinda Jimmy James Beam III Fan Club

Darth Bobo Honker Hunter Inc, for the up gunned Poodlefaker.

:armsup:"ARMS UP":armsup:
<<

Going_up

Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:25 pm

listining to ch7 repeater on the uhf today,
and realised some ppl have no life,
they were on channel in the morning on the wat to work, and same ppl on going home,

and noone ever really has decent convo on there cause there is alwayse 1 or 2 idiots on there who think it's funny to abuse ppl, make fun of them or speak over
just to cause a problem!
<<

RUFF

Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:40 pm

Going_up wrote:listining to ch7 repeater on the uhf today,
and realised some ppl have no life,
they were on channel in the morning on the wat to work, and same ppl on going home,

and noone ever really has decent convo on there cause there is alwayse 1 or 2 idiots on there who think it's funny to abuse ppl, make fun of them or speak over
just to cause a problem!

You would have heard a guy calling himself Barry? I used to drive trucks around the Brisbane/Goldcoast areas and this guy has not changed in the last 5 years. He is on there 24/7 and just doesnt shut up. How authorities havent done something about him amazes me.
<<

Reddo

Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:49 pm

He he he, my brother was telling me the other day that one of his mates (young lad of 17) got onto the CB and said, “Yo Yo Yo, all you Mother farkes, is their anyone out there”, and some truckie boomed back, get the fark off this channel. :rofl: :D

James
Nice gq swb ute chop with a huffer for the good times
<<

Going_up

Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:49 pm

no but there is a guy named DAVE and he thinks he's some kind of moderator on there

telling ppl wat to do
<<

landy_man

Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:59 pm

Re: "The Totaly Off Topic Thread"

RUFF wrote: I know some think its cool to have a huge post count but to most it means nothing.

Well done Ruff....
Too many kids acting tough around here because they have a high post count.... calling everyone noobs etc. without actually contributing any tech to this forum....
<<

Aza

Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:05 pm

Re: "The Totaly Off Topic Thread"

landy_man wrote:
RUFF wrote: I know some think its cool to have a huge post count but to most it means nothing.

Well done Ruff....
Too many kids acting tough around here because they have a high post count.... calling everyone noobs etc. without actually contributing any tech to this forum....

that would be me :armsup: only thing is i know i dont no anything :armsup: except from when i first came to the site till now, i have gained alot of knowledge :shock: , reason i have a high post count would probable be becuase how long i have been on the site and cuase i post alot just to kinda get to know ya's all :armsup: (and trust me u aint that entertaining ;) )
98 Xtra Cab Lux.... slowly filling up with the Budscustoms Catalogue : Street, Track & Trail - Parts & Fabrication
Budscustoms Facebook Page
<<

Rainbow Warrior

Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:11 pm

Anybody know what voltage the glow plugs are for a 83 2l diesel Hilux?
Was that off topic enough?

Pad, Bump etc..................
:D
Pat,
Brisbane, Australia,
JK 4door Rubicon, currently 4 Sale :(
It's a Jeep thing, I don't understand........
<<

Going_up

Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:16 pm

me too, i knew crapola wen i joined,

now i know heaps, but i dont know everything,

rainbow, try a workshop manuel
<<

V8Patrol

God of Magnificant Ideas!

Post Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:45 am

Well the padaton is dead ..... and personally It didnt bother me either way whether its stayed or died..... it was a fun thread that went hot then cold then hot again

Ruff wrote:I know some think its cool to have a huge post count but to most it means nothing.

This is so true ...... its what is in those posts that matters, lets face it we come online to this site to learn and share information about our offroad rigs, be it a querry about lifting a Mav to what windscreen wiper blades are the best.
I come here every day to learn something new and I generally do just that ..... I also pass on to others what I have learned both from being here and from what I do in the shed.

Aza wrote:and trust me u aint that entertaining

But we try ....... and if we didnt succede why do you keep commin back :D

RIP the padathon ..... long live OUTERLIMITS !!

Kingy

p/s
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: @ ....Going_up ROCK GOD WANNABE ..... GOLD !!!
And your cry-baby, whinyassed opinion would be.....?
<<

The Fish

Post Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:55 am

Must be a quiet night, I'm the only registered user on here at the moment, all lonely sob-sob :cry:

C'mon must be someone out there to put up a new post for me to read :!:
<<

high n mighty

Post Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:38 pm

At Pippys last night workin and a bloke was punched in the face with a schooner. I saw most of it (including the flapping skin) and there was no need for this violence. One bloke was falling off his chair after having too many drink and it was suggested to him by a local that it may be time to slow down, next thing he turned around and sliced the bloke from the ear to his lip. Really backs-up the reasons why I drink at home and only work at the pub.

p.s., the bloke was quick to run up the street away from what he had done leaving the victim bleeding-out badly.

People are nuffin but a pack of cowards :bad-words:
fool_injected wrote:I pity my brother when she is a teenager
<<

Old Yella

Post Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:45 pm

high n mighty wrote:At Pippys last night workin and a bloke was punched in the face with a schooner. I saw most of it (including the flapping skin) and there was no need for this violence. One bloke was falling off his chair after having too many drink and it was suggested to him by a local that it may be time to slow down, next thing he turned around and sliced the bloke from the ear to his lip. Really backs-up the reasons why I drink at home and only work at the pub.

p.s., the bloke was quick to run up the street away from what he had done leaving the victim bleeding-out badly.

should have let me know I could have got them springs off you :roll:
<<

DeWsE

Post Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:04 pm

Thanks ruff this is exactly what I was asking for. Also thanks for not moderating me :D

Some where we can chat during the day :armsup:
<<

high n mighty

Post Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:59 pm

Old Yella wrote:
high n mighty wrote:At Pippys last night workin and a bloke was punched in the face with a schooner. I saw most of it (including the flapping skin) and there was no need for this violence. One bloke was falling off his chair after having too many drink and it was suggested to him by a local that it may be time to slow down, next thing he turned around and sliced the bloke from the ear to his lip. Really backs-up the reasons why I drink at home and only work at the pub.

should have let me know I could have got them springs off you :roll:

You there mate?
fool_injected wrote:I pity my brother when she is a teenager
<<

dumbdunce

Post Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:03 am

if post counts don't count for anything why does every post have the posters post count beside it? :roll:

hax0r the bb so the only person who can see someone's post count is that person and the moderators.
Free air locker to the first 20 callers!
<<

Aza

Post Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:07 am

hey how are ya all, fuck last night was good, went to a party got a bit umm dissy :roll:, some nice chicks there i tell ya :armsup: ended up walking home with about 4 of my mates roud 2 in the morning, which i guess isnt the smartest idea when none of u can walk straight but hey im still breathing :armsup:

hilux is all nice, bogged it today, need sand paper to sand it all back nice and smooth again though, but all dints are like fixed now (other than sanding back smooth), so its ready for its repaint, have to bloody wait till september though for my dad to go on holidays (he's painting it for me), also went to the city yesterday, alot of f@king walking involved :bad-words: but that was my weekend how bout all u :D
98 Xtra Cab Lux.... slowly filling up with the Budscustoms Catalogue : Street, Track & Trail - Parts & Fabrication
Budscustoms Facebook Page
<<

HeathGQ

Post Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:16 am

We've decided to get the GQ now. Figured, we'd fixed a lot on it now, so nothing much else can go wrong.

I got some new flexi-flares. So took off the old fibreglass ones, and started to clean up the gaurds of the surface rust etc. So i've been sanding, spray putty, sanding, spray putty, sanding, spray putty, sanding... and now painting. First coat on.

I have to get the flares on today so Melissa can legally drive it tomorrow. So this arvo wil be putting them on. Looking good.
Heath & Melissa - 93 GQ LWB.
<<

Reddo

Post Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:24 am

hmm, well did bugger all, fafed around with the BJ and another 2 2H motors, cut some firewood and today going to do some work for an old biatch. Then going to help my aunty, cos her man's in the Hospital.
HeathGQ and aza, been there and done all that crap, it's all fun and game's but hell boring......
So there's my little bit, anyone else??

James
Nice gq swb ute chop with a huffer for the good times
<<

XFACTOR

Post Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:08 pm

went camping this weekend..it rained :) made the tracks better though..

hmm need to get a lift for PUOSU :D
Ryan
<<

Going_up

Post Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:35 pm

as of the 1st of july
you cannot fish @ Port of brisbane
due to some terrorist crap,

i got let off with a warning, but
you can get an $1870 fine and it's a jailable offance!

how crap is that,

i just wanna fist the doog spots,
if i wanted to blow shit up they'ld know about it! :bad-words:
<<

ferrit

Post Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:51 pm

I drove from adelaide, To Canberra, In a naturally athsmatic Diesel..... And had a head wind across the hay plain-- No faster than 95 foot to the board! :bad-words:
2005 HDJ100 Manual, ARB bar, XD9000 winch, ARB rooftop tent + awning, Drawers, Engel, 2" OME lift, 285/75R16 KM2's, iCom, HID XGT's.
Next

Return to General Chit-Chat